• I've launched the MixRemote tablet app, but the RCF logo on the top-right corner is dark. What does it mean?
For some reason M 18 isn’t connected with the MixRemote App. Perhaps you’ve selected the wrong Wi-Fi device from the Configuration Menu of your tablet. Select the M18-XXXXXX device among the available Wi-Fi networks, and then launch the MixRemote App again.
• What is the range of the Wi-Fi control?
Approximately 25 to 40 meters, depending on direct line of sight and the environmental radio frequency pollution.
• How do I set the AUXes for stage monitoring use?
All the six AUXes of the M 18 are set as PRE faders by default. AUXes 5 and 6 can be set independently as POST faders pressing the dedicated button.
• Are PRE or POST levels shown in the input channel meter?
PRE-fader levels are shown on each channel’s input meter, after being adjusted by the RCF pre-amp Gain. The Trim control affects the VU meter readout only on older versions of the MixRemote App (earlier than 1.1).
• Can M18’s scenes/presets be stored?
User Snapshots, Shows and MultiFX Patches can be saved to internal memory.
• Can outboard analog effects be inserted into a channel?
No, but the M 18 provides a wide range of effects that can be inserted into up to four dedicated channels. It is possible to build chains of 3 or 5 different effects freely. All effects chains can be managed from the “MultiFX” page, including delay, chorus, flanger, pitch shifter, distortion effects and a wide range of additional professional Guitar Amp Emulations.
• Can channels be renamed?
The user can change the name of all channels and AUXes. Double click on the name label and write the channel name. Names with up to 12 characters will be shown.
• What processing is available on main and AUX outputs?
Valve Warmer, Xciter, Maximizer, 31-bands 1/3 Octave Graphic EQ are on hand on Main Out. A useful Standard 4-band parametric EQ is present on each AUX OUT.
• Can analog mic pre settings be recalled?
Yes, the mic pre settings are digitally controlled. They can be stored and recalled into a Show memory.
• Can the firmware be updated on the spot?
Yes, through the USB memory stick and the dedicated update/upgrade app.
• What is the maximum output level of the main outputs?
+21 dBu (8,69V rms)
• Can a high-impedance instrument be connected without the need of a DI box?
The output impedance of the source device has to be lower than the input impedance of the destination device, otherwise a risk of frequency response deterioration and distortion arises. All instruments with passive pick-ups, such as guitar and bass, have high-impedance output, unlike microphones or electronic keyboards. The RCF M 18 mixer includes two inputs that can be switched for direct plugging of instruments with passive pick-up systems. M 18’s Input 9 and 10 can be switched to Hi-Z mode and inserted with a MultiFx effects’ chain.
• How many effects are there in the M 18?
The M 18 provides up to 19 contemporary effects. Three of them are “SEND Effects” fed by dedicated FX sends. Other 16 effects can build up to 4 effects’ chains to be inserted on dedicated channels.
• What is the bit/sample rate of the audio?
24 bit AD/DA I/O converters, 32 bit Floating Point internal processing, 48 kHz.
• Can I connect my stereo in-ear monitors directly to the M 18?
In-ear monitors can be connected to the headphones’ outputs of the M 18. The outputs are capable of driving most in-ear monitors (IEM) directly. From the SETTINGS>GLOBAL menu, set the Phones mode to “Personal Mix” and enjoy the independent Personal Mix stereo AUX send that is available in the PHONES menu.
• Will different size mixers be coming soon?
RCF intends to provide more than one model. The “little brother” M 08 will be on the market soon and other models are on the pipeline.
• The front panel of my M 18 gets warm. Is this normal?
Yes, it is. The M 18 is operating at the same level as a high-performance laptop computer, but in a more compact size, therefore the internal components get warm during normal use. You should not be concerned if you feel the heat from the side panels, because all internal components have been chosen to operate normally under these conditions. We recommend that you leave some free space around the side vent to allow heat dissipation.
• WHICH DUAL FOOTSWITCH MODELS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH THE M SERIES DIGITAL MIXERS?
You can select either a MOMENTARY or LATCHING type of footswitch. Latching footswitches are commonly available for control of analog guitar amplifiers. Momentary footswitches must be normally open (N.O.); suitable dual momentary footswitches are the Boss FS-6 and Boss FS-7, the Singular Sound Beatbuddy Footswitch, and others.
USB Player and Recorder
• THE RECORD SECTION ON MIXREMOTE IS NOT ENABLED, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
The REC page is available within the PLAY/REC pages.
If you see no REC subpage (as a tab on the left side), it means you need to upgrade the MixRemote App to the latest version. The first MixRemote App that supports recording is version 1.1 (build 105).
If you already have the latest firmware but the REC page is not enabled, a pop-up appears indicating the need to perform a firmware upgrade. The first firmware version that supports recording is build 203.
• WHY DO YOU REQUIRE FAT32 FORMAT FOR USB PENS AND HARD DRIVES?
FAT32 is the only supported file format on the M Series digital mixers, and it is also the safest cross-platform (Mac / PC) format.
Please avoid FAT formatting, as we have noticed random problems in the playback of audio files.
• WHICH FILE FORMATS DOES THE STEREO PLAYER ACCEPT?
24-bit and 16-bit WAV files, 24-bit and 16-bit AIFF files and MP3 files, up to 320 kbps.
• WHICH TYPE OF USB PENS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR STEREO RECORDING?
RCF has obtained consistent and error-free results with premium, good-quality USB pens. Several lower-quality devices can cause random errors due to their lower data transfer performance. Storage devices with USB 3.0 compatibility are recommended, as these guarantee higher data throughput.
• WHICH IS THE MINIMUM USB PEN DRIVE SIZE REQUIRED FOR STEREO RECORDING?
The minimum supported size is 4 GB.
• MY USB PEN DRIVE IS ALMOST FULL, CAN I USE IT FOR STEREO RECORDING?
It is recommended to have at least 50% free space on the USB key. Below this percentage, most USB keys show significant fragmentation and in this case glitches can appear in the recorded files.
• DO I NEED TO SAFELY EJECT THE USB STORAGE DEVICE BEFORE REMOVING IT?
No, as the M Series digital mixer perform an automatic update of the recorded file every 10 seconds. You may lose the last 10 seconds of audio in the worst case.
• WHAT HAPPENS TO MY RECORDING IF THE MIXER IS TURNED OFF BY MISTAKE?
It is not lost, as the M Series digital mixer perform an automatic update of the recorded file every 10 seconds. You may lose the last 10 seconds of audio in the worst case.
• WHICH IS THE MAXIMUM FILE SIZE CREATED BY THE STEREO RECORDER?
Due to file system limitations, the internal recorder can generate a file with a maximum size of 4 GB, corresponding to more than 3 hours of continuous recording. If this limit is exceeded, the recorder closes the current file and creates another file with a minimal audio gap, without interrupting the recording process.
• I NEED TO (RE)FORMAT MY USB PEN DRIVE, WHICH ARE THE REQUIRED SETTINGS?
On Windows operating systems: File System = FAT32, Allocation Unit Size = Default
On Mac OS X operating systems: Format = MS DOS (FAT32), Scheme = Master Boot Record
Copyright © RCF | C.F./P. IVA 04081310965